GDPR & Other Data Privacy Regulations
Prepare for a New Era of Data Privacy Regulation
Every day, it feels as though there is a new data breach in the headlines. Consumers are calling for the companies to be held responsible, and in response various governing bodies have issued their own data privacy regulations (GDPR, CPRA and more). If companies are found non-compliant with these regulations, they can face major fines and penalties.
With a growing number of data privacy regulations, it may be difficult to determine how to keep up. To get started, here are key questions to ask about your data management:
- What data are we capturing and from whom?
- Where is our data stored?
- Who in our company is the “one-stop-shop” for data protection?
- Who has access to this data, including third parties?
- How would we respond to a request for information, or a request to be forgotten?
- Do we understand our data flow and access points?
- Where do we have gaps to address to reach compliance?
If these questions are difficult to answer, the Process, Risk & Governance specialists at Frazier & Deeter can help you understand both your current state and actions you need to take to comply with various data privacy regulations.