Join FD for an update on multistate income tax and sales tax issues impacting CFOs, controllers, tax directors, private business owners, PE investors and other tax professionals! During this recording, Brian Strahle, FD Partner and National SALT Practice Leader, will not only speak to technical updates but provide practical guidance on taxation issues that are presenting our clients significant risks and opportunities. He will also discuss concerns they face and solutions your business can seek to move forward and achieve your objectives.
Such issues may include:
- Economic nexus for both income tax and sales tax – do you always have it?
- Sales taxability of SaaS, digital products and services; and the impact of providing mixed or bundled transactions – are you really selling SaaS?
- State conformity to the Internal Revenue Code – does it really matter to you?
- Foreign entities operating in the US – do you have nexus or Effectively Connected Income (ECI)?
- New state legislation – are you tracking?
Please not this recording is not eligible for CPE credit.
Brian Strahle | Partner and National Practice Leader, SALT
As Partner and National Practice Leader of State & Local Tax (SALT), Brian Strahle specializes in providing SALT advisory services to growing start-up companies, middle market and Fortune 500 companies various industries. His expertise lies in conducting complex research and analysis to help companies reduce uncertainty and resolve controversy related to multistate income tax, franchise tax, gross receipts tax and sales tax positions, as well as identifying refund and credit opportunities. Brian serves as a SALT subject matter expert, thought leader and technical researcher.